When talking to potential customers, a common question we receive is, “what does your subscription cover?” This is a reasonable question to ask, especially if someone is coming from a traditional video surveillance where the only upfront cost is tied to the hardware.
Our solution differs from traditional options because we do not require DVR/NVRs, hard drives, or a long list of additional hardware needed for the system to operate. By eliminating the need for excess hardware, our system requires an annual subscription alongside the cost of the camera. Even with these subscription costs, our solution is much less expensive than comparable systems like Avigilon or Genetec.
So what’s included in the subscription? It varies by subscription tier, but it essentially covers the ongoing costs associated with providing a service that no longer requires servers, DVR/NVRs, or extra hardware. To provide this service, there is ongoing cloud infrastructure that we must maintain. This directly benefits our customers by providing a rhobust - ;) infrastructure that they no longer have to worry about or manage themselves hosted entirely in the cloud.
Our subscription offers ultimate peace of mind to customers who want a modern solution that removes the pain associated with a traditional system. The use of cloud infrastructure helps organizations maximize their time and resources by providing video surveillance that no longer requires extensive maintenance, will always work, have the latest features, and is continually tested for the latest security exploits.
Down below are some of the additional benefits of our subscription. This should only serve as a subset of everything a customer receives as part of their ongoing subscription and is constantly changing as we’re adding new benefits every day.
• User and location management
• Remote access from any standard web browser
• Remote access from most Android and iOS device
• 24x7 video recording stored on the camera
• Ability to view live video streams and past footage
• All video is indexed for human and motion events
• Ability to cut and save clips
• Video Walls to watch multiple cameras at once
• Automatic software updates that include new features, bug fixes and security patches
• Top-tier Customer support (hours dependent on subscription level)
• Continual monitoring of your cameras to make sure they are working properly
• Product training
• Customizable alerts by user, day & time periods for human and other motion
• Ability to watch alerts from a web browser or mobile device
• All alerts are automatically stored in the cloud for 3 months
• Anomalous login detection to protect your account
• Automatic camera firmware updates and security patches
• End-to-end encryption of all video data
• Audit and diagnostic logs
• Regular 3rd party security audits of the Rhombus infrastructure
We hope this helps address what is covered by our subscriptions. As always, feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!
Among school administrators' many responsibilities, student safety is one of the top priorities. Schools are expected to be prepared for many types of emergencies, and in these situations, it's critical to get accurate and up-to-date information. Modern video security systems are a powerful way to help keep students safe and improve response when it matters most.
Recently, there were published reports that a video security company, Verkada, suffered a security breach. We want to assure everyone that the methods used to compromise Verkada’s devices and infrastructure cannot happen to Rhombus Systems. Security and privacy are intrinsic elements of the Rhombus solution and are designed to protect it against the most sophisticated attacks.
When evaluating video security for your school, the question inevitably comes up: which is a better, a cloud or on-premise (DVR/NVR) system? there are several common misconceptions about cloud video security solutions that often arise and muddy the waters. In this post, we’ll discuss and debunk the biggest myths about cloud video security.